Although there are world renowned chefs all over the city, with international cuisines of a high caliber, it’s unforgivable if you come to New York and don’t try some fast food which has come to symbolize the city.
Hamburgers with a “just barbecued” taste and unbelievable cheese fries.
It’s known that you will have to wait no matter which shack you go to but it’s worth it and you can get it to go.
Prices are moderate and you can get soft drink refills.
- JFK Airport–Delta Terminal International Airport, TERMINAL 4, GATES 23 and 37.
- 49 Grand Central Terminal.
- Battery Park - 215 Murray St. (Between West St. and North End Ave.
- Theatre District - 691 8th St. (8 Ave. and 44th St.)
- Upper East Side -154 East 86th St. (Half a block between Lexington and 3rd Ave.
- Upper East Side -154 East 86 th.St. (A mitad de cuadra entre Lexington y 3 rd. Av.
- Upper West Side - 366 Columbus Ave. and 77th St. (Behind the Museum of Natural History)
Mc Donald Time Square
Not everyone likes eating here but it’s a classic and can come in handy if you’re in a hurry.
Location: In the heart of Times Square, in front of the red stairway.
Ellen's Stardust Diner
A different experience. Eating while Broadway caliber singers surprise you with their incredible interpretations. Among the tables they sing, passing the microphone along to their colleagues so they can keep waiting tables.
Pleasant and fun atmosphere. There are big screens where you can see yourself dancing. It is recommended to go a little later than you would normally eat lunch to avoid the rush.
Portions are abundant especially the pasta trays that can be shared. The hamburgers are delicious and the price is moderate but with the continuous show, it’s worth it.
Location: 1650 Broadway, a few feet away from Times Square.
Belgian French fries cooked to order. Delicious!!!
The good: Very cheap
The bad: Very small place so you have to buy and take with you, but they are so good it’s well worth it!!!
Location: 123 2nd. Av. Frnt 1 (East Village)
Subway: Orange Line B, D, F, M.
Bus: 2nd Av. F
The food is acceptable.
It’s a little run down, as if it were frozen in time, but the kids love it.
You can see costumes and props used in a variety of movies.
Location: 1540 Broadway, Frnt 1, Times Square, NY